UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP FOR EXCHANGE STUDIES IN SWEDEN
We are now accepting applications for 2018. Deadline April 30th 2018.
Persons eligible: Canadian citizens or landed immigrants enrolled in an undergraduate Swedish language course at the Department of Central, Eastern and Northern European Studies (CENES) of the University of British Columbia.
Where tenable: At any recognized university institution in Sweden.
Requirements: Application must include:
- Full name of applicant.
- Citizenship status, date of birth, Social Insurance Number.
- Postal address, email, phone and fax.
- Educational background: current level of study.
- Swedish courses in progress and/or completed.
- Proposed program of study in Sweden, including name and place of host institution, dates, length of course, number of hours per week.
- Estimated expenses: (air ticket, course, room-board). Resources: How much, if any, funds are available for the proposed project? Amount requested: (up to $3,000).
- A short essay (~250 words) explaining how the proposed program fits into the applicant’s overall study and personal development.
- A letter of recommendation from the instructor or the head of the Swedish language course at UBC.
- A letter of recommendation from another person with close knowledge of the applicant’s potential as a student.
- The recipient is expected to hold a presentation at a SWEA Vancouver meeting after the completion of the study program.
The Scholarship Committee will review all applications and recommend the most qualified applicant to SWEA Vancouver’s Board of Directors, which will make the final decision. SWEA Vancouver reserves the right not to award the scholarship on an annual basis.
Send application directly to: SWEA Vancouver (vancouver(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)swea.org).
The Scholarship must be utilized within 12 months of receiving the money.
President of the Vancouver Chapter
Swedish Women’s Educational Association
E-mail: vancouver(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)swea.org
The recipients of the SWEA-UBC scholarship are the following individuals:
2016 – Mr. Michael Wadham, awarded $3,000.
2014 – Mr. Christopher Shea, awarded $3,000.
2012 – Ms. Taylor Augustson, awarded $3,000.
2009 – Mr. Michael Grunberg, awarded $1,000.
2008 – Ms. Kristin Ohm-Pedersen, awarded $1,000.
2007 – Mr. Björn Bean, awarded $1,000.
2006 – Mr. Benjamin Ralston, awarded $1,000.